Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lesco Feeding Schedule

Posted by chiefmass 6 Mass. (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 6:48

After trying several lawn fertilizing companies, it has been recommended that I start using Lesco products.

Does anyone use it here in Massachusetts and have a schedule for the different types of products?

I live in the southern part of Massachusetts and am also looking for a dealer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lesco Feeding Schedule

Lesco is now owned by John Deere. Google "JohnDeereLandscapes" and find a local outlet. They should be able to answer your questions about products and application.

o

grass1950

Thank you for the info. I will do that.

Have you used Lesco and if so, how do you feel about it?

o

I have not used Lesco. I get my supplies from a local Sod farm that has a small fertilizer/amendments/seed business- Basically just a steel barn. By all accounts, Lesco makes good products. As far as a schedule--that should be determined by your specific turf needs and climate--for example you wouldn't want to put down a grub killer every year in June. It should be applied only when you have evidence of grubs. As far as a fertilization schedule, if you have KBG, it is recommended that 3-5 pounds be applied annually. Most importantly is that the majority (3#) of synthetic fertilizer be applied in the fall -late August through early December. For example: 1# mostly slow releases nitrogen (N) in late August/early September another 1# slow release N with potassium (K) in late Sept./early October and 1# fast release N from late OCt. to early December. The other (up to) 2 pounds is not as important to a healthy lawn and is mostly for high maintan ance lawns for "looks" and can be applied between late April and mid June. Feeding with synthetics in late Spring/early summer can promote disease- so care must be taken. There are people here that can advise you on the use of organic fertilizers that are better for the Spring and Summer months than synthetics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here