Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pulling Creeping Charlie

Posted by Julian125 none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 4, 13 at 10:30

CC or Creeping Charlie.
I have been busy pulling this out for a week, usually twenty-thirty minutes a day. I'm making progress but should I be concerned that quite often as I pull it up it is able to also drag with it my St. Augustine (floratam), now the ST.A is not removed but often three or four of the smaller roots along the stolons are loosened.
Does anyone have any opinions on how bad this is for the floratam?

Thanks,
Ian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pulling Creeping Charlie

Where do you live and can you post a picture of the weed in the grass. Best pictures for this would be about 3 inches away from the grass on a cloudy day or in the shade.

I'm asking because creeping charlie is normally a problem in the north.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here