Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kodiak1120

What to do next...

Kodiak1120
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I moved into a new house in September. The lawn was in fantastic shape however, in the spring I really let it go. The only thing I did was put down one small bag of Scotts fertilizer with crabgrass preventer. I either put it down at the wrong time or didn't put down enough because now my yard is probably 25-30% crab grass.

Anyway, this summer really damaged my yard. By early July, I had huge brown spots and some weeds. Realizing that I neglected fertizling in the fall and spring, I grabbed some Millogramite (sp?) organic fertilizer and put it down at the rate of 20 lbs per 1000 sq. ft.

Now, the lawn is really coming back but I'm overrun with crabgrass and weeds. What would you guys recommend I do? I know the weed and feed products aren't recommended, so should I just get some spray Weed B Gone and hit the whole lawn? Or, is there some other option. Also, how effective is Weed B Gone against large amounts of crab grass?

We are expecting several days next week when the temperatures are supposed to only go up to the low to mid 80's, so I'm thinking I may have a good window to do this.

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments (4)