Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dying Bermuda - Want to Replace with Fescue

Posted by efrain.ramirez 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 14:02

We had our backyard graded 4 years ago and my wife insisted on bermuda grass because it was what we had in the front lawn. Unfortunately, the backyard is very shaded and over the last four years, almost all of the bermuda has disappeared except the areas that does get some sunlight, THere it is barely covering the ground. I do not see any of the bermuda coming back next spring.

Before the topsoil is completely washed away, I would like to plant fescue grass, What is the recommended method of seeding? Any soil prep, etc?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dying Bermuda - Want to Replace with Fescue

Before you do anything, where do you live? Zone 7 is very deceptive. For most of it, fescue is inappropriate and St Augustine should be used instead. But there are some locations in California where fescue would be perfect in zone 7. If you live in Calif, then specify where, because some parts of zone 7 in SoCal are not good for fescue.

o
RE: Dying Bermuda - Want to Replace with Fescue

I live in Georgia, northwest of Atlanta.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here