Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
POA Trivialis in 2 month old sod????

Posted by lawnman77 none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 14:07

I installed KBG sod a little over two months ago. I ended up getting a hybrid KBG/fescue mix. I have been arguing with the sod supplier that what they gave me was not 100 percent KBG. At any rate, I think I have POA Trivialis coming up on the side only where it is more shadey and wet then the other parts of my yard. We have received more rain this summer than usual. I only try to water once a week at 1 inch. Is this something that was existing I. The soil or came from the supplier? Can someone ID the pics I have posted as rough bluegrass. If it is rough bluegrass can I use a combination of a premergent with post emergent. I have mixed tenacity with prodiamine for my back yard with great success. Is it too soon for a premergent on two month old sod? Thanks for all the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: POA Trivialis in 2 month old sod????

Here is another pic.

o

One more pic.

o

That does look like poa triv. Pre emergents will not do anything to triv, they spread via stolon and don't seed like poa annua..pre-m will work against poa annua, but not triv which you may have. Even tenacity may whiten it, but won't kill it. Triv can even come back from roundup/glyphosate. The only full proof ways to take it out are dig it out(but don't leave any stolons!!!) or use certainty herbicide which is known to work on triv. Certainty can kill tall fescue though if you have some in there.

I did 3 round of glyphosate on my triv last fall when I was renovating and much of it came back this year. I have TTTF so can't use certainty.

Triv is the devil.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here