Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bfn715

Seeking Feedback for Fescue Grass Seed

bfn715
9 years ago

Does anybody have any experience with the following Fescue seed: Defiance XRE, Rebel Fescue, Titan RX & Matador GT?

I'd appreciate any personal experience using these types of Fescue or re-seeding over Bermuda.

I'm considering the aforementioned variants for reseeding & overseeding my lawn. Here's my situation...
It started when I need to eliminate about a 15 by 20 section of Bermuda grass on my front lawn. I live in Southern Ohio and I was not a fan of the texture of the grass in addition to the brown color in the winter months. So I've started the process of killing off the Bermuda with Round-Up Grass high concentrate, it is progressing and I'm hoping to be able to re-seed maybe in 4-6 weeks. The rest of my lawn is not in the best of shape with a fair amount of weeds ranging from dandelions to crabgrass and some hints of Johnson grass. I'd like to aerate the lawn this fall before I seed so that I can overseed the entire lawn while I establish the fescue in the area previously overtaken by the Bermuda. I'm looking for a solid Fescue that can handle a good amount of traffic since I live on a corner property. The front side of the house faces south and receives a lot of sun because there is limited trees and shade in that area.

Comment (1)