Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cost of overseeding

Posted by Paul6223 ma (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 20:08

Hey everyone,

I've been getting quotes for full year lawn programs and wanted to ask about the prices I got. The yard is 15-20k sq ft. The price for fertilizer application is 74 per app, 69 for winterizer, but for some reason the overseeding price was 541. This seems high to me? They said it would be 4lb of seed per 1k sq ft. Does this seem in line?

Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cost of overseeding

Way out of line, unless they're going to individually spray water on each seed three times daily. We should note their fertilizer prices are fair enough, I suppose, but you could DIY that for $20 per app easily, four times per year when the grass wants to be fed (May, September, October, and Winterizer).

While using good seed is always a good idea, it's not wise to mis-match your existing lawn. You won't be happy--so I'm guessing they're using a standard, off the shelf seed.

You should be able to DIY that job for less than $80, not including the water cost to keep it damp (which does mean watering twice or three times daily).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here