Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone tried that new grass Pearls premium?

Posted by glad2garden 5, Chicopee, Mass (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 8:06

With this drought a lot of my grass is dead now, so I was wondering if I could seed the dead areas with this new grass that needs very little water and mowing. It seems like a good one. Anyone else using it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pearl's premium grass seed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone tried that new grass Pearls premium?

I have never tried it, but from what I have read it is mostly a fine fescue type grass. It certainly won't give you the look of a good KBG or TTTF or PR lawn, but if you want a very low maintenance green lawn it probably isn't a bad way to go. Unfortunately it takes about a month to get established, so you are probably too late if you want to put seed down now in Chicopee Mass.

o
RE: Anyone tried that new grass Pearls premium?

Iv been looking at this and nomowgrass seed. I talked to a lawn service who said they wouldn't kill and seed my yard with it because they didn't want their company's name tarnished with that look. lol

Funny how pearls is patented.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office had refused to grant patents on seeds, viewing them as life-forms with too many variables to be patented.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here