Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overseeding Help

Posted by dschribs CT (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 07 at 8:51

Can anyone give me a link that gives me more information on over seeding. I'd like to do it in the next few weeks and I've never attempted it before. Is it something I should "bite the bullet" on and have a pro do for me.

Also, if I over seed the entire lawn, doesn't that mean I'll have to water the entire lawn?? I don't have a underground sprinkler system and that would be a virtually impossible task for me.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overseeding Help

The reference link below should prepare you well.

Cardinal rule -- get intimate contact of seed with soil (slit seeder?)

Cardinal rule -- Keep seed and seedlings moist (watering can be shallow at first)

Cardinal rule -- Time is fleeting in your zone, esp if you want bluegrass with it's long germiantion time.

If you're not able to water often and completely you'll be dependent on Mother Nature for success. (Pray for hurricanes?)

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Good lawn info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here