Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rminton_gw

Overseeding of Argentine Bahia

rminton
9 years ago

This will be my first attempt at this sort of thing. I enjoy yard work but a complete newbie to earning a green healthy lawn. The yard has a lot of bare spots and weeds mixed in with the grass that is there. I've pretty much made up my mind on the type of grass due to budget constraints and the size of the yard (3 acres) and will be doing this in sections over next couple years. I've heard that using an herbicide prior to seeding will help thin out some of the weeds, is there an acceptable argentine bahia friendly herbicide for this? or is this a bad practice in general? The soil is kind of sandy as well. Summer has just about come to an end here in central Fl and have gathered that now is a good time to over seed. I understand there is a lot of misleading info on the web so I'm hoping you guys can help weed it out....yes pun intended =) Also what care should be taken in the following months with newly seeded lawn? Should i wait til after my last mow? Fertilizer? Please help! Thank you in advance - Ryan

Comments (2)