Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pre-emergent question

Posted by neokq Okla (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 9:47

I live in Oklahoma and have Bermuda and Zoysia. In the past I have sprayed with weed b gone and used halts with decent results. I have purchased Lesco crab grass pre-emergent for next spring and plenty of Amaze for weeds. I was wondering how often the Amaze needs to go down and when.
Also, would like to seed under trees with a shade grass blend and looking for advice on a good blend and where to purchase it online. The shade is not deep dark shade. There are still a few strands of zoysia here and there. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pre-emergent question

Are you using the Bermuda Bible to guide the care and maintenance for your lawn? Because it is not that normal to use preemergent herbicides year after year. What is more normal is to build a dense turf that does not get weeds. Google the Bermuda Bible and see if that helps you set up a plan so you don't have to use the herbicides.

Sorry I can't help you with the seed question. There is a variety of zoysia called Shadow Turf that will work under your tree. It can be mowed low like the bermuda. The seed you might get would be fine fescue and that likes to be mowed a lot taller than the bermuda.

o
RE: Pre-emergent question

Thanks. I found the bible and will be following it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here