Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question on my progress

Posted by extremez 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 10:11

Renovated the back yard 2 weekends ago and dropped my 90% TTTF and 10% KBG. Here's a pic of the progress so far.

Does it look thin? Or am I just being impatient. 11 days in and so far I'm happy but I'm wondering if I didn't get enough down. It's roughly 6000 sqft and I threw down 25lbs. I was planning on overseeding this area in the Spring with another 25 lbs.

Do I just sit and wait and be patient or should I try and put more down???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question on my progress

Looks about right, be patient. Even when it's ready for the first mowing it is going to look thin, then it will start to tiller and thicken. The KBG will take longer to establish too, and the extra room you have will mean it will have to compete less with the TTTF. I wouldn't overseed in the spring unless you have areas that have little to no grass.

o
RE: UPDATE question on my progress

Update on my renovation that I did last fall. I'm quite pleased with it so far.

I'm wondering if I should overseed it though. There's some spots where it's sparse. Of course there's some weeds. Not many but I'll blame the little tilling I did when the work was done. I did apply CG preventer a few weeks back.

I'm not too concerned with the weeds though at this point. I just needed an established lawn. Before this it was a sandlot with crabgrass.

o
RE: question on my progress

Here's a shot of my front yard. I'm cutting it at a height of 3.5 inches. Hoping the weeds stay away from this area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here