Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aadepa

K31 yard - darker green

aadepa
10 years ago

I have about a 4500 sq. ft. lawn in the St. Louis area. Some parts of the yard had zoysia creeping in that i sprayed with roundup, cut out those areas with a sod cutter, and tossed. Money was very tight so I sodded where I could and seeded the rest with a 50lb bag of k31 fescue. The grass has come in pretty nice, much better than having zoysia. I have young kids and a dog that runs around the yard, which also pushed me toward the K31 since it can tolerate higher traffic.

I know the K31 is a lighter green than the turf type fescues and blue grass, but it was the best option at the time. Can I overseed in the future with bluegrass and TTTF to get my yard a deeper green? I don't want to have to kill the K31 to achieve a darker lawn, and I don't mind the look or feel of it (feels much better underfoot than the bermuda/zoysia crap that was there). Just want to know if it is worth the money to overseed with these other varieties, or will I never notice a difference? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (2)