Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to get rid of this from Lawn?

Posted by vic2978 none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 12:21

All:

Could you please tell me how can I get rid of this plan from lawn? I tried to remove it manually but no luck. It is spreading like creazy... may be some bird brought it to my lawn.

Any weed killer or spray?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to get rid of this from Lawn?

That's henbit, a winter weed that is best controlled now or it will bloom in the spring. Any lawn weed killer should take care of it. Be careful using those products, though, as overapplication can damage the grass.

o

Henbit and creeping charlie look much alike. If it is not easily controlled with Weed-B-Gone, then you will have to resort of RoundUp to kill it. That will kill some of your surrounding grass from overspray, so be very careful how you do it.

o

There are options that are stronger than WBG, without resorting to the nuclear option (RoundUp). Any product with 8% Triclopyr will take out both Creeping Charlie and Henbit. WBG CCO (clover, chickweed, oxalis killer) works well, although the kill is a bit slower than WBG.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here