Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherm1082

Is my Bermuda going dormant?

sherm1082
10 years ago

The subject pretty much says it all. I am in the Raleigh, NC area and I think my grass is starting to go dormant. I hope that's what it is and not something else. This summer has been unusual because there was a lot of rain. My grass has looked pretty good this year. A few weeks ago I noticed the rain wasn't as frequent and it was warm during the day (mid to upper 80s) but cool during the evening (upper 60s). That's been a little weird too if I am remembering correctly. My grass has grown vigorously all summer but it really started slowing down the last couple of weeks. Not long after that I noticed it browning and I originally thought something was wrong but now I am wondering if it is just going dormant or confused because of how cool it's been getting during the evenings. What do you guys think? Below is a picture of my front yard.

Also let me add that I lowered my lawn mower just a bit the last few cuts. I had to raise it during the summer when I went out of town and it grew too much for me to cut it at the normal height. Since it slowed down growing, I was able to lower it to where I wanted. Some of the browning is probably from that.

{{gwi:117676}}

Comments (6)