Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
efeuer

Weed ID

Liz
11 years ago

Can someone ID this weed for me? It's all over my (terrible) lawn. I think it's an annual since it seems to be turning brown now. Clearly a grass--there's a small stalk with seeds that looks typically grassy. It's very small--4-5" high, and spreads by stolons. Thanks for any help.

BTW, can anyone tell me what this weed might indicate about the site? Thanks.

Comments (3)

• JMiller84
    11 years ago

Looks like common Bermuda Grass to me , but I am by far an expert. It looks alot like what Im trying to kill off.

• Liz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't think Bermuda grass grows around here, but thanks.

• ZoysiaSod
    11 years ago

How long was the weed out of the ground before you snapped the photo? The weed looks dessicated, like it lost a lot of water for being out of the ground too long. When weeds are dessicated, their leaves shrivel up, and the weed or grass becomes very hard to identify. Some weeds I've pulled looked dessicated after just 15 minutes, IIRC, especially if placed in a warm room. Too keep the weed or grass fresher looking, I've wrapped a small, wet paper towel around the roots. Sometimes they can look good for days if wrapped like that, and they might still be identifiable, but it's best to take the photo quickly if pulling the weed out of the ground.