Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fizzman911

Lawn is being killed by this!!!

fizzman911
9 years ago

I bought my home about a year and a half ago. Since I bought it I have been struggling with weeds in my lawn. I believe it has to do with poor drainage and very soft soil that I have. My soil is very soft in my yard and it can become very mushy even days after it rains. Recently my backyard has become overgrown with this one type of plant or weed. I have attached a picture of it. I have no idea what it is but it has already taken over my front lawn and now its going after my back yard. About a month and a half ago my back yard was fine. I had some areas with weeds but it was not too bad. Then all of a sudden in a couple of weeks I have more weeds than grass. 90% of which is this one type of plant. We have had a lot rain recently and I am thinking that the rain and poor drainage conditions might have hurt the grass and promoted the growth of this other weed. I need all the help that I can get. I can see it spreading to my neighbors yard and my other neighbor already has the same issue. I will be fixing my drainage issue but do you think that it all has to do with too much water?

Comments (3)