Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemingway4

How to get control of soft crabgrass and spurge

chemingway4
10 years ago

We bought a house in March of this year. At that time the lawn was beautiful! We decided to not pay to have a service take care of the lawn. We realized after a few mowings, that we were cutting the grass way to short. We adjusted the height to about 2" and it looked much better. We started to notice weeds so we did a treatment with Weed and Feed. Maybe it's me, but it seemed to make the problem worse. as you can see from the picture, its gotten pretty bad.
We have Bermuda grass, and the weeds we have are soft crabgrass and spurge, along with a few others, but the crabgrass is the worst. I didnt do any kind of fertilizing or preemergents in the spring (we had no idea). We water every other day for 16 minutes. There seems to be good drainage and no dead spots. So these are my questions: What do we do now? When do we do whatever we need to do? It's mid September, but still mid 80's. We do not want to kill off everything if at all possible. I feel like we can do the work ourselves, but we don't know what to do or what time of year to do it. If anyone has an idea, that wood be wonderful!!

Comments (3)