Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anthonyg_ma

Any Lawn Doctor customers out there??

anthonyg_ma
16 years ago

We were foolish enough to go with a lawn service - Lawn Doctor of Nashoba Valley in Ayer MA - for the past couple of years. Until this year, we were generally pleased with the service. We paid for x-number of applications up-front. This year however, they've only stopped by twice. They are now several weeks/months overdue for the remaining scheduled applications. They do not respond to e-mail, phone calls get routed to a full voice mail box. Faxes go who-knows-where. Most likely they packed up shop and left town. Was wondering if anyone else has run into similar trouble with their local Lawn Doctor? Not a very neighborly way to run a business.

Lesson learned the hard (and expensive) way here .. just do it yourself! :-)

Comments (9)

• billhill
    16 years ago

We all hate the feeling of being ripped off. All is not lost, as you found this forum. Buy a spreader. You can be the Lawn Doctor. Bill Hill

• quirkyquercus
    16 years ago

Look at the bright side, this is the best thing that could have happened to you. Now you will do it yourself and it will look better and cost you hundreds or thousands less every year. If they weren't fly-by-nights, then you never would have come to this.

• bestlawn
    16 years ago

Ditto what they said.
    Overseed and fertilize now.

• captaintom
    16 years ago

Isn't Lawn Doctor a national franchise like Burger King? You should be able to contact the national headquarters and find out more and/or register a complaint.

Good luck. Actually as others have stated - you will be better off without them.

Capt Tom

• anthonyg_ma
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all for the words of encouragement! Takes a bit of the sting off the whole situation for certain.

I've gained more knowledge from the kind folks on this forum in a day than LawnDoctor could provide in a year anyhow!

Captaintom - I did actually contact their main office. They are independently owned/operated franchises, so they take no position in matters such as this. They actually had the audacity to offer to write a letter to the franchise on my behalf though. A 'letter' .. gee, that'll teach 'em not to mess with their customers! :-)

• johndeg
    16 years ago

Well, I have you beat. I hired ChemLawn 1 1/2 years ago.
    The problem wasn't so much the lawn. It actually looks nice and they brought it up from nothing. But I'm home one day and the kid jumps out of the truck, runs the spreader over about 1000 sq. ft. and attempts to jump back in the truck. Problem is he had 22,000 more sq. ft. to go. I almost grabbed him by the neck and made him do the whole lawn. Then this year they were late with the pre-m, got crabgrass, they fertilized on the hottest day in July and burned some spots, then attempted to bill me for an overseed they never did. That was the end. That's why you see me on this forum learning. I can do it myself.

• HRHTracey_aol_com
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I have had Lawn Doctor of Stratford-Turnersville in New Jersey. For about ten years now. I have not only the greenest lawn but the healthiest lawn in the neighborhood. They go above and beyond for what I pay for them. I pay them about what I spend at the grocery store in one week which is about $300 for a whole year's service. We should be complaining about how much we spend on gas. Very satisfied customer I am and will be. I know that have to water everyday especially if the temperature reaches in the 80's. Any living thing would die without water. I hope you can trust your Lawn Doctor to give you the care that I HAVE received from them
    Good Luck
    Tracey ;-)

• lawndrtec
    10 years ago

hi everyone I worked for lawn dr south nj for 9 years here is the thing the products we use are great but it all boils down to the tec our job is based on numbers and quota and to b honest if u don't care for your lawn neither do we if u don't dump money into your lawn to make it nice cancel your service if u choose to keep our service seed seed seed at least every 3 to 5 years and water water 90 percent of out custmers problems is u don't water never airate in the spring now down to the tec try and have the same tec allyear different tecs will tell u different things any questions please ask ill answer honestly