Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sprinkler to use for small lawn (20*10)

Posted by yvesg (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 6, 10 at 22:11

Hello,

I have a small lawn (20*10) and just put some sod down. I bought a new pulsating sprinkler and a sprinkler timer to help with the watering schedule. I tried to measure (using small cups) the output of my sprinkler and this seems very low (I barely have 1/8 of an inch running the sprinkler for 20 minutes). Are pulsating sprinklers typically bad at delivering good amount of water (from what I can read I will need to put 1 inch 2 times a week when the roots are established, that would mean runing the sprinkler for 80 minutes). Any other and better options?

Thx.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sprinkler to use for small lawn (20*10)

If you have enough water pressure, I would get three 10 foot hunter sprays and join them with poly pipe and a hose adapter on the end. At least that is what I did (75ft x 10 ft)--I have 8 sprays but only have enough water pressure to run 4 at a time to get full spray. I tried a timer but it cuts water pressure down too much. Some parts I got from sprinklerwarehouse, some from Lowes.

Photobucket

o
RE: sprinkler to use for small lawn (20*10)

i would get 6 sprinklers. quarter pattern for each corner and half pattern for center of longer sides. you need sprinkler to sprinkler coverage. check your flow to see if you can run all of them at once. you should but just make sure. otherwise u need to split them in zones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here