Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rock324

Centipede Care - Need some help

rock324
10 years ago

We moved into our new house in Louisiana about 3 months ago and we have a Centipede lawn, which was laid about 5 months ago. I'm new with lawn care so I want to make sure it's well taken care of. Here are my some things about our yard to note:
1) We're entering into our fall so it will stay in 60's-70's for about 6 more weeks then it will be winter until about February. In the front yard, there are some patches that got burned during the Summer heat and about 30% of the back yard is fairly thin due to sun & never really thickening up and getting "green".
2) There are some weed patches in certain spots in the back yard. I was thinking about using weed-b-gone this week to get rid of those.
3) We have a side yard where are dogs run a good bit so they've created a 10-inch wide "path" where the grass has been worn down. This area does not get much sun but it needs some work with either seeds or thickening up.

Basically, I need some help figuring out if I can do anything in the next couple of weeks to help out any of my problems with our lawn. I spoke to a customer service rep at Scot's and she mentioned that I should wait until Spring (just want to see if any other options) Sorry for the long message, but I'm hoping some of you can help me out.

Thanks!

Comment (1)