Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help identifying grass

Posted by skyline.citylights 11 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 0:19

Can anyone help me identify these grasses? Image #1 grass is definitely different from the last 3 and I think image #3 & #4 may be the same grass. I was told that img #4 grass was a type of bermuda but the person didn't seem 100% positive. The photos were taken from different areas of my yard.

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

Image #4

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help identifying grass

I'm seeing what looks like crabgrass or possibly dallisgrass in all 4 photos.

o

Spray Roundup on it and re-plant real grass.

o

is the grass in the first pic in clumps?
or does it have have runners?

o

Seems like it's growing without runners, but I think the main reason it is in clumps is because the grass had not been watered in so long it "died" and then when it began getting water what you see is the grass coming back. It's definitely not "crabgrass" or "dallisgrass" as the first responder said, it's some type of grass used in Hawaii because my neighbour has this in their yard and so do my parents. No one seems to know what it is though. It's thick and unattractive

The grass in #4 has thinner blades and an irrigation guy told me it was bermuda because of the seed heads it had.

I decided to kill it all with HDX grass and weed killer. Was curious what type of grasses they were to see what was doing well in my yard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here