Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canoeanu_gw

Lawn slit seeding: Missed window of opportunity?

canoeanu
9 years ago

So, double bad: I'm new to Connecticut and I'm new to lawns in general. When I moved in August, the lawn looked wretched and had bare spots etc. I got some advice from a neighbor who told me to aerate and seed this fall.

I contacted nearly 10 people in September. They either never got me a quote or I had to hound them to get me a quote. Finally, one got me a quote weeks after he said he'd do it. Then said he'd get the service done the next week.

I had asked for topsoil to level low spots, core aeration in the fall and overseeding in the spring. I wanted to loosen up the ground and get it nice and level before seeding. He recommended top soil and slit seeding instead of my recommendation. Who am I to contradict him?

He did the service yesterday. Hes extremely highly regarded online in terms of reviews. But I'm just worried that its too late to seed. Its 60-70's during the day and 40-50's at night. I know to water evening and daily. But the leaves are going to fall soon. How the heck does that work?

Comment (1)