Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fossoway33

Weed ID in Reno

Fossoway33
11 years ago

Just applied Tenacity on Monday on day 36. The picture is from day 39. Not sure of the Tenacity will have any effect. I have CCO but not sure when or if I should I apply that next. Any suggestions would be welcomed greatly. Thanks!

Comments (7)

• Fossoway33
    Original Author
    11 years ago

6 days after Tenacity applied. I see very little whitening but it appears the weed is curling but not sure if thats from the Tenacity app or the temps that were around the low 30's last night.

• Fossoway33
    Original Author
    11 years ago

6 days after Tenacity applied. I see very little whitening but it appears the weed is curling but not sure if thats from the Tenacity app or the temps that were around the low 30's last night.

{{!gwi}}

• tiemco
    11 years ago

Tenacity takes a while, whitening usually appears a week and a half to two weeks in, but is also dependent on the plants metabolism, which slows in cooler weather. CCO will take it out faster, but you're right in waiting since your new grass is so young. You could also hand pull if you only have a few weeds in your lawn.

• tiemco
    11 years ago

Forgot to add, most of that is chickweed.

• Fossoway33
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks tiemco! Its found in the majority of the renovation and I am trying to not be impulsive with it because the lawn looks great and I am really happy with cultivar mix I chose of 70% TTTF Cochise/Bullseye/Firecracker LS and 30% KGB Bewitched/Everglade/Zinfindel. Trying to be patient with it. Should I apply a follow-up light dose app of Tenacity in 10 days? Or apply CCO?

• tiemco
    11 years ago

Well I feel the grass is too young for most herbicides, even Tenacity (check the label again I believe they recommend after two mowings or four weeks after seeding, whichever is longer). Chickweed is a winter annual, so it's not going to lay down any seed this fall. I would just let it do whatever it's doing for now, the first mowing will probably take a good amount of it off. After you mow a few times, I would give it a hit of CCO or Tenacity, although it might not be that effective if temps are too low. Next spring you will be able to get rid of it for good.

• Fossoway33
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay - sounds like a plan...thanks!!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!