Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Lawn Needs Help..

Posted by btull89 Louisiana (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 13:54

I am located in southern Louisiana. I moved into this house in June 2013, and the sod was put in around Jan-Feb 2013. I usually make sure that my lawn gets about inch of water a week, but my lawn keeps dying! My soil PH is around 6.5, but I dont think it would kill my grass this quickly..

Can someone tell me what is killing my centipede grass? I'm struggling to figure out what is wrong.

Picture 1: http://i.imgur.com/zoPr5IA.jpg

Picture 2: http://i.imgur.com/jxHF8Ma.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Lawn Needs Help..

Here are your pictures...

Can you take one more picture? Take it from a distance of about 3 inches away from the blades so I can see the shape of the tip of the grass. And if you can include some of the dead looking grass in the picture, that could be helpful. Also if you are using your cell phone to take the pictures, please wipe the grease off the camera lens with a t-shirt or something soft right before you take the picture.

Centipede should love your pH. Is there any shade over the area?

Have you fertilized with anything? If so, what and when?

How often do you water to get your inch per week? Have you verified it is an inch by using tuna or cat food cans to collect it?

o

Thank you for the reply.

I will take a close up this afternoon, and I'll be sure to clean the lens.

I fertilized three weeks ago with Scotts Winterguard. This was the first time it has been fertilized. I will be fertilizing again in the spring.

I water for 45-55 minutes per week. My schedule does not allow my watering schedule to be consistent so it may be a little less than that. I have put a bowl out, and it appears to be around an inch or so, but it could be less.. I have purchased a rain gauge for a more exact measurement the next time I water.

o

Thanks again for your help.
I have the pictures.

Also I meant to mention that there is hardly any shade. It is in the sun for most of the day.

My entire yard is getting like this. The front yard, back yard, and the sides are all having this same problem.

o

Here is the other picture I took.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here