Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_ingenious_one

Tiller for Snow Clearing

I have a large driveway to clear of snow in the winter, but do not have ANY room in the garage to store a snowblower. I have seen a video where a person fabricated crude wheels to put on a mid tine tiller in place of tines, and used the contraption to push a snowplow. I intend to apply this same basic concept to my Honda FG100. I know it is small, but I only have between 1 and 3 inches of snow on the ground at any given time. It has a 3/4 inch D shaft, and I plan on using pneumatic tires (with chains or studded). This will not be doing any more work than if it were tilling some tough soil (I will push it when the going gets rough). I cannot find any sort of hub that will slip on a D shaft. If anyone has any ideas, please post. One thought I had was to take an old set of tines, cut off the blades, and use the metal squares to drill holes in to run bolts to the hubs of some wheels I have laying around. Or, I could dremel and file in a keyway that would let me use go-kart hubs. As stated before, any ideas or questions are welcome.