Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jt_gardener

Help!! You Will Not Believe This!!!

jt_gardener
9 years ago

You will not believe what my idiot neighbour did. We share an enclosed courtyard/yard. A couple of ant piles developed out there on the lawn a few days ago. Told him I had a bag of Andro somewhere in the garage and would look for it.

In the meantime, he covered the ant piles with 20 Mule Team Borax, or at least that is what he said it was. It smelt MUCH WORSE than a laundry additive, though, and I do not believe that it was borax he put on the ant piles. Whatever it was, it was much more toxic.

Of course it did not work, and before I could say or do anything else, early this morning he saturated the ant piles with Paint Thinner!!! The smell is HORRIBLE. Worse than that, it has killed the grass, and I am sure the soil is poisoned.

Please tell me if I am over reacting, but I am VERY upset. I told him we could have lived with the ants for a few days until I either found the Andro or we bought another bag of Andro. I cannot believe he did this to our lawn!!!

Summer before last we had some workmen here who disposed of some sort of chemical on our lawn, and it ended up killing a long, wide swath of grass. It took us the entire spring and summer of 2014 to get the grass to grow back.

I am so upset. The smell is so bad that I cannot stand to sit outside---the odour is THAT noxious and strong, it could probably kill a bird if came too close---, and I am worried that those chemicals could get onto my dog's paws and damage them. Worse, if she licked her paws it could make her VERY sick at the least and possibly kill her at the worst.

Please, if you know anything that would help, please let me know!

Comments (5)