Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suesheldon

Liquid Organic Lawn Food

suesheldon
11 years ago

Hi Lawn Guru's,

I'm having a hard time finding a liquid, organic lawn food in my area-Rochester, NY. Which one should I buy online? I'm looking for something that will feed the new grass I planted in Sept that's now pretty well established (although I do have a few spots that are "younger" because I spot seeded where germination was sketchy)and I'd like to beef up the soil as well. I've been tempted to try the alfalfa pellets many of you recommend but am concerned about attracting bunnies or other not so cute critters to my yard. And I read that "mold" begins forming quickly...is this a visible mold or just microbe mold you can't see that benefits the soil? I have a city yard on a corner, so using a liquid is much easier to navigate around garden areas and street lamps, signs etc rather than a spreader. Are any of you familiar with Bill's Lawn Food or Hasta Grow? Last but not least...will this stuff smell really bad and will the odor last days or weeks beyond the application? Am I too late to do any of this? Just thinking it would be good to feed it, promote root growth and juice the soil before cold weather sets in...I used to use a weed and feed but have sworn off those courtesy of reading this forum and with all the new KBG/PR seeding, am 99% weed free. so it's easy to just pull them out. Thanks for all the great advice you post on the forum-when people inquire about roto tilling, I can now anticipate your responses..."bumpy, lumpy, don't do it"!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH