Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tire ruts again

Posted by sandrina2 z6 CT (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 27, 11 at 7:53

I've done a search already so I know there are several methods on how to repair tire ruts in lawns. However, does anyone know what will happen if I do nothing to repair the numerous two inch deep ruts caused by a tree service using a Bobcat? Will they eventually erode away or perhaps smooth out somewhat on their own during the snowy winter months and spring rains, or am I doomed to gaze upon them forever?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tire ruts again

As long as your soil isn't so compacted that it can't absorb water it will probably return to it's original level. My front yard gets run over weekly as there is no curbing on the street. I usually just water the area ASAP and it returns to normal in a few weeks.

o
RE: Tire ruts again

Thanks, tiemco, glad you had such good luck. I'll leave the ruts all winter and hope for the best in the spring!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here