Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pbguy420

Bermuda/centipede lawn... Too late for last fert?

pbguy420
9 years ago

Hey all, I've got a bermuda/ centipede lawn, the bermuda was seeded june-july and has taken well... Due to financial situation and a new baby girl, I haven't followed the bermuda bibles reccomended fert schedule for fall...

Last fert was early August with 29-0-0, with an application of post emergent (spray) following soon after. The first frost was a random cold front a week ago and got cold enough to put ice on my windshield but is back to the 60-70's now. (Coastal NC)..

I'm about to do my last mowing (grass hasn't grown much in last month) and just take the tips off to level everything out for the winter...

I definitely want to apply a pre emergent and get a fertilization is, but if most of the centipede is currently turning dormant (bermuda still green) is it too late? Still have weed issues but they seemed to stop growing so Im not worried about post emergent but want to get a pre emergent in before spring... I would also like to reseed my bermuda in spring to help it overtake the centipede, so please factor that in to your pre emergent application considerations

Should I wait till spring or fert now?

If so, never used any pre-emergents so what is reccomended?

Comments (2)