Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tetrasofdium

need some help making my new lawn happy

Tetrasofdium
10 years ago

Last week, I bought the house I was renting out & want to do some things to help my poor lawn

I'm not sure if there is a type of grass, but with only two small palm trees for shade, the gras tends to go through phases where bits get dry/withered & comes back sparsely.
I know the soil is "sandy" just because that's the only kind we have down here :)

I have no crickets, no earthworms (I know this is bad), but tons of snails that range in size from pencil eraser to thumb sized
Prior to my purchase last week, the landlord would have a guy "mow" it with a weedwacker. I doubt he applied anything to it

Being florida, it rains regularly, buut now that I own the house, I'm really starting to noticethe large sandy patches around the two palm trees & seening poor health of the lawn in general (on the front/east side )compared to some of the neighbors or the lawn or my own on the north side between the house & a long privacy fence. there is not really any foot traffic in the affected areas because of a concrete walkway/path. should I just go to a bait shop & buy a big thingof earthworms, & start throwing my used tea leaves in the grass seeing what happens from there? or should I try something else first/in addition?

Comments (2)