Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tecumseh Motor Carb leaking sometimes with primer

Posted by comlinked (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 15:37

I have a Walbro carburetor on a 8 HP tecumseh motor. I replaced the needle and seat because it was leaking out of the throttle body. I also replaced the float. I reinstalled the carb and everything looked fine with gas getting to the bowl until I plugged on the primer tube . Then the carb starting leaking again. Pull the tube and it stops .Reinstall the tube and it starts. The carb is clean . Any idea why ? I would appreciate your option

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tecumseh Motor Carb leaking sometimes with primer

Some Tecumseh carbs vented through the primer. If they don't vent, the fuel finds its way up the emulsion tube in the center of the stem. Had the bulb been replaced w/ a non venting one -or possibly the primer hose kinked? Some carbs had a small hole on a flat spot just above the bowl in lieu of a venting primer.

o
RE: Tecumseh Motor Carb leaking sometimes with primer

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 7:29

I'll have to put this info in the memory bank. I've never run into this situation.

Did you put the seat in the right way? With the grooved side facing into the bottom of the of the hole. The needle seats on the side opposite the groove.

This post was edited by baymee on Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 15:19

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here