Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Noisey Murray 3hp 20" snowblower

Posted by skane1 3 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 20:14

Just wondering if these little plastic snowblowers are suppose to be noisey when you operate them and I am refering to the auger assembly.Just sounds bad.
Thanks Shawn.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Noisey Murray 3hp 20" snowblower

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 5:52

Yes, I would say they are noisy. You have rubber paddles slapping against an auger housing at high speed. Did you check the side bearings for play?

o

• Posted by ericwi Dane County WI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 10:57

I have noticed that snowblowers with rubber paddles make more noise than our Ariens, which has a steel auger. But the rubber paddles do a better job of getting all of the snow up, leaving the sidewalk practically bare. Our snowblower leaves about 1/4 inch of snow so I have to get out the shovel and finish the job if I want the sidewalk to be really clean.

o

I have had 2 and both paddle wise were not noisy. One of them the paddles were hitting the ground because the sides were rusted\broken down. This ended up ruining the paddles thus didnt throw very well.
Have someone engage the paddle and u go around to find where the real noise is coming from.
Maybe a paddle bearing is bad or something...

o

Thanks guys for your invaluable advice.I have done some careful study of this unit in operation and found that the noise is comming from the discharge chute.Seem to be vibrating and causing the noise I heard.
Thanks again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here