Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemallow_gw

Xenoy decks on Hondas

rosemallow
13 years ago

I am see a lot of Honda HRB 215,216 comming in the shop with cracks in the Bodies. These only had a 5 year warranty on the body.

The newer ones have a lifetime warranty, but you better have the receipt and go to a Honda dealer.

These units were not used commercially. They were used by homeowners.

Most of the cracks are on the carburetor side between the 2 wheels in the bottom center. Maybe this is why they sell a set of wear plates for this area. That would strengthen the area.

There is not a fix for the Xenoy Body.

Comments (6)

• roadbike
    13 years ago

Honda apparently did a poor job when they picked the composite material for those mowers. I've seen composite automotive parts like radiator tanks and dipsticks crack and break after stress, heat and vibration so what you are seeing does not surprise me. On the other hand I've seen composite automotive suspension springs show no signs of deterioration after many years of use.

• john_nc1
    13 years ago

Have 5 seasons on mine. If it breaks Honda will replace. I installed the stainless guards when I bought the mower so not to worry about rubbing up against obstacles. I think the design is fine and your post is the first I ever heard of a problem from anyone. This deck has been used by Honda for over 10 years so you would think someone would have complained. If the deck rubs/runs into things to the point the material is thin of course it will crack. This is true for any deck material. Any MFG deck can crack but other then Honda no other company backs with a lifetime warranty. Seems to me it�s a premium product. True, some of the earlier models only had a 5 year warranty but that is better than most.

• DreamhomeStudio
    11 years ago

I have had so many problems with my Honda mower. I spent $788 on a mower that I was told had a LIFETIME warranty on the Xenoy deck.

I spend only 15 minutes mowing grass (small yard) and am out of town 50% of the time, so a neighbor kid mows my lawn with his lawnmower, not mine.

My deck developed cracks that turned to holes in two places, then the Xenoy continued to fracture in a third location to the point that the front wheel fell off.

I spent over one year contacting Honda, and Honda now says "there is nothing we can do."

I researched the Sr Vice President over Honda Equipment, and he simply assigned my call to someone who was rude and obnoxious.

I would not recommend purchasing any Honda product as they will not support the product and honor the warranty.

RL

• shaggnasty
    11 years ago

I'm going on 7 years and I haven't had any problems.

• evdpgh
    11 years ago

"Any MFG deck can crack but other then Honda no other company backs with a lifetime warranty."...I've owned a lot of lawnmowers with steel or aluminum decks over the last 40-some years and have never had one "crack". Other than being different for the sake of being different I don't see the point in a composite deck.

• andyma_gw
    11 years ago

Dont know Xenoy, but I used an aluminum pot, some JB Weld and 3/16 AL pop rivets to repair a split AL deck. Ugly but functional