Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman 6.5 hood hole

Posted by mvron (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 11:03

Any ideas where I can get a replacement hood. I've looked all over the internet. Also ideas on how I cdan patch the hole. thanks..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman 6.5 hood hole

Post back the model and type # off the engine. It is stamped above the muffler IE 125K02-0128-B2 . That way I don't have to guess, but these are quite common.

o

123k02-0258-E1 . Not sure about the first three digits. Either 123 or 125. Thanks..

o

Either of those numbers could be legit.
The IPL's for both list 10 different blower housing covers that can be used.
8 of them are in common.

Suggest you go to the Briggs website and download the IPL for that engine.
One of the differences is not shown in your photo. Air cleaner covered or not??? (I think)

It appears yours may be the 921G.
Briggs PN 790701
The only ones I see are Black though.

IF it were mine, I'd probably get so red duct tape.
It's not like it's a Honda-

This post was edited by bill_kapaun on Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 21:15

o

I had my wife look at the numbers - her eyes are much better than mine. It's a 123.

o

The air cleaner has a black cover on top of the carb. The black cover is not part of the red blower housing. The red blower housing cover slips next to the black cover on top of the air filter - the black cover is not physically connect to the red blower housing cover.

o

A pic from the other side would show what's needed to be seen.
OR
You could download the IPL and look at the different ones yourself, as I suggested.

o

Did you check and see if it's available from Sears Parts Direct?

o

bill_kapaun - Would you know if the 6.75 - 795604 is the same size as the blower housing that fits on the 6.50. I found the 6.75 on Ebay. No such luck with the 6.50.

o

Bill is right on the number. You can also search by the new # 795064 . Ebay has some used as possibly a person that sells used parts. Probably any Quantum style shroud would fit I'd think. $32 list new. Repairing really isn't an option. I think bill sells Honda shroud retrofit kits for 25$ :)

o

tomplum came up with the new part#

Likely the difference between a 6.5 & 6.75 is the decal.

One of the reasons I suggest download the IPL is you get the latest part numbers. Not one I came up with in a manual I downloaded a couple years ago.
I have 795 files in my "Briggs" folder. Don't really have the time to constantly check for updates!

This post was edited by bill_kapaun on Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 12:11

o

Thanks Tom and Bill. I may roll the dice and get the 6.75 on Ebay and see if it fits. You all have a good day.

o

I vote for the red duct tape!

o

This looks like the part, but its black. Doesn't really matter. You can usually get the decal set too.

Here is a link that might be useful: 795064 Cover

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here