Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with honda hrx426

Posted by mark1974 none (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 12:27

Hi there I have just got a hrx 426 witch a got cheap I think. I need help as it does not rev when I push the lever but when I do it by hand near the carb it revs good it also surges when ticking over there is no air filter cover so don't know if this is the problem I have checked the cable looks fine also the covenor spring look good I am pretty good with tinkering with engines but this gas stumped me help plz thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with honda hrx426

The no air filter cover is obviously an open door to increased engine wear- but should affect your RPMs if you can manually rev the engine. By lever, you mean the throttle control I would guess? Does it rev when you engage the blade?

o

It is still the same with the blade engaged no revs if I rev it at the carb it revs the governor spring is linked to the throttle but dosnt seem to do much it's not broke so I'm baffled

o

Provided that the spring is hooked in the proper hole, rpm adjustment is made by bending the arm to place more tension on the spring. Does that seem what you are looking for?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here