Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
killerv

B&S 12.5hp engine help please

killerv
10 years ago

Long story short, paid a guy to go over my 4wheeler, clean carb, fuel system, just get it running right again and I asked him to put in a new switch in my pull behind swisher mower since the key broke off and replace a tire on it. Anyway, 4wheeler is doing great but the mower will not start. They never tried to start it before bringing it back to me.

I included a wiring diagram. It is blowing the fuse in the line that goes from the solenoid back up to the key switch. As soon as you turn the key, you hear the fuse pop, nothing else happens. Engine doesn't try to turn over. I put a new solenoid on it, wired back identical, I don't see any frayed wires anywhere. Everything is grounded correctly. I don't know why it is blowing and I am curious of what that one cable actually does in all of this. I thought about just cutting the fuse out, splicing the cable just to see what happens but thought better of it since I guess it is there for a reason...

Any ideas? I've googled the blowing fuse thing and only thing I have found remotely that might be it other than short somewhere was a bad diode actually up in the engine?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Matt from Ga

Comments (4)