Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chevyssrule

John Deere JX75 transmission

chevyssrule
14 years ago

Good Afternoon,

I have read this post on this forum before but my Tranny seems to work diffrent. I have a John Deere JX75 that I bought new in 99.

My problem is that when I try to pull her back the wheels lock up now having said that I read on here but the post was from 07 & read that there is a spring that attaches to the tranny clutch lever & this is what causes the lever to be pulled forward or disengaged.

I looked on the JD web site & came up with a extension spring part # M92029 I called the JD place where I bought her & sure enough he said yes this is the spring so I orderd three of them.

I use to have this problem but replaced the cable & have not had it since but to be on the safe side & mine is missing I ordered them.

What I don't understand is when I pull up on the lever the whole tranny pulls back & the belt is tight when I release the handle the tranny follows the cable or it drops forward & the belt is loose so the pulley can turn free!.

So I don't understand why she is doing this now but before the tranny clutch lever would stay in the engaged position which caused the rear wheels to lock when pulling backward.

Can someone please tell me how these trannys work I have done nothing to mine & she runs great in all gears but as I said this use to be a big problem until I put a new cable on it I mean the tranny drops back I seen this then release the cable no spring and the tranny comes forward?.

I just don't get it as before although I never took a real good look it was just the lever that would move?

Thank you!

Will,

Comments (2)