Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John Deere Z425

Posted by neal1234 none (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 26, 14 at 17:27

I have a John Deere Z425 (2010 model) with 22 hp briggs and stratton. There is a cable that is loose and runs to the fron of the mower. I think it is a brake cable because mower is not stable when brake is on. I can find nothing on how to reconnect this cable and to where. Can anyone help?

neal1234

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John Deere Z425

If I'm thinking correctly, the brake cable splits at the control and heads back to each brake arm. Follow the cables down from the lever. Both should be hooked up there at the lever. If not, one end is likely broken. the other end at the trans is a spring. So if what you have is a spring on the loose end, it came off the back,

o

Thanks for your reply re: Z425:,
it is an end with the spring on it. Are you saying it hooks to the transmission?

o

Your mower has two separate drive units. You will likely have one cable still attached to the arm on one transmission. Look at the arm on the opposing transmission. It is most likely that the spring has broken, but at least you have 1 good side to compare to. (hopefully)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here