Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snapper Vrs Ariens

Posted by larrylwill (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 20, 10 at 18:26

Im looking to buy a new Lawn tractor to replace my 42" Murry.
I have narrowed it down to a 52" Snapper LT-100 at $1799 vrs the Ariens 54" at Home Depot. The Ariens cost $100 more at $1899. The Ariens has a Kohler engine and the Snapper has a B&S approx same HP same transmission.
I am looking for opinions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snapper Vrs Ariens

I have no first hand experience mowing with either mower. I will share what I do know about the two. The Ariens is an Ariens in name only. Its made by AYP and can be bought as a Sears or Poulan branded product. The Ariens may have some bells and whistles that a Poulan does not but some savings may be had going with the Poulan or a Sears on sale. Also note the Kohler is the new consumer grade engine that most assume is the older Command series which is a premium engine. All I have to say about the Snapper is it obviously has a Murray deck under it. I looked at this mower at Sears and the deck MAY have been a gauge thicker than used on a Murray. Despite the high end names both mowers have in my opinion both are decent consumer grade machines only.

mike merritt

o

I was about to buy the Snapper but I was at Home Depot Saturday and they had a 2009 Ariens left it was a 54" with the new Kohler twin engine. It was $1899 with 10% off, I was looking at it and the manager came over and offered it at 15% off which came to $1678 with tax. Same warentee. So I bought it.

o

other than deere is there anything thats not an AYP or MTD anymore?

o

Toro builds all their own stuff

o

Surely that can't be right? I've been told that Toro-branded machines are also made by MTD, Exmark and Hayter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here