Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
side discharge chute for classic aluminum snapper

Posted by chadcf none (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 23:14

Hi folks, after googling around a bit it seems like the people here have some good knowledge of snapper mowers. A friend of mine gave me a classic snapper push mower, no idea of the age but I'm guessing the 70's or 80's. He's kept it in great shape, rebuilt the carbs, converted it to electric ignition, etc. The body is pretty rough but if it mows, it'll do better than my plug in mower on my new larger yard.

Problem is, it only has a bagger. This will be great for the fall when I need to get rid of leaves, but not so ideal the rest of the year when the large yard would require emptying it maybe a dozen times when mowing. From what I've found, these mowers don't handle mulching that well and my best bet is to go for side discharge, however in searching around all I can find are side discharge chutes for the newer steel deck mowers.

So, does anyone have any idea where I could get a side discharge chute for this thing? Or if I'm not calling it the right thing, what I should search for when looking?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: side discharge chute for classic aluminum snapper

You appear to have a V21 series Snapper, which is pre-1980. The side discharge chute is sheet metal and is now p/n 7060287. Sold on internet for $55 to $65.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here