Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcintosh_gw

Garden Way Tuff-Cut 22' Parts

marcintosh
14 years ago

If you could help- I've got a old high wheel Garden Way Brushcutter/Mower. I bought it, used it, broke it. The spindle bearing just gave out and smapped the blade holding bolt. They're most likely well over 20 years so I rather expected it.

I gave the spindle to a machine shop to redo it. They removed the snapped off bolt and re-threaded the shaft -crooked then they installed the wrong bearings. It's now a paperweight.

I'd like to find a replacement spindle and continue to use the mower. I'd buy an NOS OR used unit or a spindle off (insert viable other brand replacement here) another deck as long as it fits, is newer and has replacement parts available.

I don't trust Jack's Small Engine as they either don't have what I want or they send me the wrong part. Not a lot of success there. Nice guys but that doesn't get me the parts I need. So does anyone have any ideas about where to look or where to call? I'm stumped (small joke there). I realize it's a pain but I have a good deck and engine and I don't have the $$ for a new DR or OutBack or Swisher. ANY ideas are gratefully accepted. Thanks, M.

Comments (3)