Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eds72_gw

Need help choosing mower

eds72
14 years ago

I've done quite a bit of reading tonight and am still uncertain - looking for some advice.

I live in the Northwest where our grass tends to be pretty thick, and between work and kids with countless activities I just can't mow with enough regularity to make mulching a realistic option. I currently have a 5 or so year old Toro Recycler and I hate it. In fairness to the mower, it has been reliable - but it is the absolute worst when it comes to bagging - especially when the grass is wet. I am constantly having to shut it off and clear clogs. This is unfortunate because I have come to the conclusion that the #1 thing I need a mower to be good at is... bagging wet grass.

So what I am after is the absolute best bagger I can get my hands on. I don't give a rip if it mulches, side discharges, etc. - I just want maximum bagging performance. Self propel would be nice as my wife will sometimes handle the mowing duties if my schedule is too crazy. A model with a blade clutch would be a nice luxury but isn't necessary.

I'd prefer not to break the bank - If I can get something for What would folks recommend?

Comments (2)