Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help choosing a push mower

Posted by chrisc102 none (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 14 at 10:49

I am looking for recommendations for a simple push mower. I am a 60 yr old woman so I do not want something too heavy, my main priority is easy manuverability and easy to start.
I am looking at troybilt TB 130 and Husqvarna 7021P online. I would appreciate any recommendations for my needs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help choosing a push mower

The Husqvarna has the edge I think.Both have the Honda engine which is good. Is there any question on getting an electric start? Should you want one several years- it cannot be added.

This post was edited by tomplum on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 1:05

o

i am salute for you hope you will get your own

Here is a link that might be useful: http://goo.gl/X0GX8l

o

go with the Husqy. you won't be disappointed

o

I got a great electric start self propelled (u still have to push it some) at Sears for around $349? Craftsman 725 series, Briggs and Stratton engine. I positively could not pull to start my prior mower. This one has a pull cord just in case the battery is dead. But u can keep it charged when parked.You can catch the grass clippings or let them fall on the lawn with the mulching blade. I'm around the same age as u are and a small lady.

o

I'd suggest looking at a Honda HRX. The deck is made out of car bumper material so it won't rust, and it's pretty light. I like the control on it because it feels intuitive so you can speed up/down easier.

Your best bet is to goto different dealers or box stores and ask to push around the floor models to get a feel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here