Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
used mower

Posted by billfaith (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 29, 13 at 11:04

I am looking at an roughly 10 year old simplicity regent mower. Seems to be in good shape. Seller is asking $550. I know these are good mowers but should I even be considering a mower thats 10 plus years old?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: used mower

Yes, you should be looking although I don't know what price would be right for that model or make of mower. If it looks OK and its all there, ask for a trial and see what size of yard the the seller has. How much work has the mower been given? Does he look after his property? What's the oil like? Best if it is shows signs of use but not VERY dark. New oil would heighten suspicion that its never been changed before. Does it smoke (ie burn oil leaking from the valve stems and/ or bore? ) Is there a good reason for sale?
If they are looked after and kept dry between each use (and particularly in winter) mowers can last well into their second decade. Best of luck, Chris

o
RE: used mower

Thanks Chris

just found out its a 1998. 15 years old now. I just dont know. They guy is asking $550.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here