Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sah54_gw

Buying a Mower-Help!

sah54
12 years ago

I've been using the mower the ex-husband left when he walked out. I think it is supposed to be self-propelled, but I sure have to push it a lot when using it.

Last year I just hired someone to mow the yard because it was too much work for me. (Here in Florida, we have to mow almost once a week.)

When younger son was here a month ago, I asked him to cut the weeds in the back yard, and he told me the mower would not start. I'm sure I could repair it at a small engine repair shop, but I thought I would just buy a new one that actually propelled itself. I know I want one that mulches as I don't want to mess with changing a bag.

I would like a very reliable, easy to start mower, and the advertisements have started to appear in the newspaper. I noticed that a store is advertising Honda mowers. (I've owned a Honda car for many years and know the cars are reliable.)

Any recommendations, suggestions, input, and comments about what features I should look for is appreciated. My yard looks like it will need mowing here in another week.

Comments (4)