Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small mower for steep slope

Posted by dkdc68 none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 13:31

Hi all. Could use your help. A year ago, I moved to a city house with a front and back yard that would take me 15-20 minutes to mow with a push mower were it level.Easy.

My dilemmas are that (1) I have no garage and virtually no outdoor storage space where a mower can be protected from the elements and theft, though I am about to buy a small, lockable shed where i could store a push mower) and

(2) I have some steep slope to mow. The front of the house is about 40 degrees. the back is pretty easy by comparison, mostly around 15-18. I don't have space to store any sort of riding mower or tractor and my yard isn't big enough to justify one anyway. Last summer I butchered the yard with a good quality weed whacker that I can store inside, but it takes forever, its hard to do an even cut on the slope, and I routinely cut it too short in spots, scalping various spots.

What sort of push mowers would yo recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small mower for steep slope

Good question. Steep slopes are murder on 4 cycle engines without oil pumps. Once upon a time, those with steep slopes used 2 cycle motors, but they are rare today. Perhaps a rechargeable electric or even electric if your yard is small enough to deal with a power cord.

o
RE: Small mower for steep slope

Have you looked at the Husqvarna Auto Mower

Here is a link that might be useful: Automower

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here