Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rimidalvr1966

Toro 20332 model year differences...

rimidalvr1966
12 years ago

I just purchased brand new 2010 model (serial # starts with 310) of Toro 20332 mower. Does anyone know if there any significant differences between 2010 model and 2011 or 2012 models? Any known defects? Thank you.

Comments (5)

• tomplum
    12 years ago

Nope, you have a great mower. Treat it well. Remember that break in oil change!

• rimidalvr1966
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I used it once, and couple of things bothering me.
    First - Level of noise this monster produced. I think it is due to the engine is so powerful. I had Lawn boy 2 cycle for last 15 years, so I guess it is my perception.
    And another thing I think is more serious. The personal pace system. It works perfect when engaged, but once it disengaged and I push lever down to engage it, transmission is making kind of strange noise. It is not a grinding noise, but you can hear that gears are hitting each other. Again, when engaged it works fine. Does any one experience something like this? Again, for last 15 years I had very simple reliable machine, and all of these new technologies are new to me. Thank you.

• tomplum
    12 years ago

I'm sure that you will miss the purr of the old boy. You may want to contact the dealer. There are some issues of a slap type noise when the drive is first engaged and also from time to time more of a loud sounding transmission on some. Is your machine doing the the first- or maybe the latter? Maybe go test drive one and make a comparison so you know if your perception is correct.

• rimidalvr1966
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yesterday I stopped by local dealer store and asked about "test drive" one of their Toro 20332. I must say it is very loud indeed, but their personal pace option does not make sounds that I have. Also they told me that this mower does not have transmission per say. When you use personal pace handle it just changes belt tension. So I guess I'll take it to them for adjustment.

• tomplum
    12 years ago

That's a good way to start a relationship with them. I'm guessing that you must be hearing the slap then? The mower has a transmission, but it is just a single speed box. While it is there, have them adjust the engine speed to spec. Most times, they run a tad slow out of the box. Buy a bottle of oil from them for the break in oil change.