Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honda HR194 SX

Posted by langle1033 Triad, NC (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 26, 10 at 16:10

Yesterday, I did a "real tune up" for my 19 years old Honda HR194 lawn mower. Here were the tasks:

1. Total cleaning in-out, up-down the whole unit.
2. Replace the oil
3. Replace the spark plug
4. Remove and clean the carburator, fuel filter, air filter.
5. Clean and reset the coil
6 Replace the blade
7. Lubrication all links, springs....

Now the Honda will not start and the rope is very hard to pull if I start it in normally way (set the choke on then pull the rope).

But If I set the choke, ENGAGE THE CLUTCH then pull the rope, the unit will start right on the first try and the rope is easier to pull.

Any suggestion??

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honda HR194 SX

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 27, 10 at 0:16

Sounds like the clutch is not releasing. I picked up an HR215 with similar symptoms, the BBC was clogged with grass.

o
RE: Honda HR194 SX

Canguy: Thank you for the input.

I checked and cleaned the clutch area, lubricated all the springs and linkage. However, the clutch still automatic engaged whenever the engine runs. This is very dangerous condition.

I tried to remove the clutch but the nut just turns with the shaft. Somehow I have to lock the shaft to remove the nut.

May be the clutch needs to be replaced . What do you think?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here