Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandrab_gardener

John Deere LT 155 Charging problems

sandrab_gardener
14 years ago

I purchased this mower new 11 years ago and never had a problem until lately. I replaced the battery twice last year and the only way I could start it at the end of last season was to jump it off. I know that something is wrong, so I contacted a forum and I was told to replace the solenoid. Since it was late last year, I thought I would do it first thing this season. It did not help matters. I still had to jump it off to start. While it was running and while the hood was up, a connector to the headlight was off and I connected it and when I did, the mower died -- I jumped it off again and left the cable loose on the headlight. I then took the battery to where I purchased it and it was dead too. I believe something is draining down the battery and the manual does not give a schematic for the electrical system. Can you please tell me something else I can check or if I have to have the tractor store come and pick it up and repair it (and if I did, I would not get it back for a month!) Thank you :)

Comment (1)